You arrive at a wedding, greeted by the beautiful bride and groom, welcomed by glorious florals and romantic candlelight.
You take a seat at your table and see before you the beautiful layout of fine plates and cutlery, your bonbonniere prettily placed beside your name card, and the food menu listing your entrees, mains and dessert in gorgeous fonts.
It all sounds delectable and your stomach begins to growl. You allow yourself to be distracted by the entertainment but you secretly watch the waiters walk past to see if they’re holding any plates to your table.
You put a dry piece of chicken in your mouth and the night is ruined! Don’t lie, we all know that feeling as a guest.
This is why choosing the perfect caterer for your wedding is a must.
You don’t want to disappoint your picky parents and aunties that will go away comparing your wedding to so and so’s.
We know it can be tricky finding the right vendors, so we’ve made a list of the proven and tested steps to choosing your perfect wedding caterer in Australia:
- 𝗗𝗼 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗥𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵. You need to find a perfect caterer for you, don’t be sold by what’s immediately on offer. Do some digging online, read reviews, check your socials or even ask friends or family who’ve gotten married recently. By hearing them out, you’ll be able to gain some invaluable advice on the best caterers in Sydney.
- 𝗕𝗲 𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗪𝗮𝗻𝘁. Before talking to your prospective caterers, it’s important that you have already figured out the number of guests you’ll invite, the type of food you want to serve, the kind of setup of the reception and more. By doing so, you’re also helping yourself identify your non-negotiables and the things that can be checked off your list.
If you’re looking for some of the best wedding caterers in Hurstville and Sydney that can help you plan your catering, here are some of the best options:
- Fit For A King Catering. This caterer has been named ‘Sydney’s Most Iconic & Trusted Boutique Catering Co.’ They can help you organise the food for your wedding with no hassle! With them, you’ll experience cuisine excellence through quality, home-cooked food with a whole lot of heart.
- Bespoke Catering and Events Sydney. This caterer is Sydney’s top option when it comes to affordable catering. Aside from this, they also offer outstanding products, personalised service, and impeccable dining.
- Shared Affair Pty Ltd. If you’re opting for a rustic wedding, this caterer can help you elevate your unforgettable event. They will help you craft a menu that is unique to you.
- Maestria is a restaurant, bar and cafe in Rhodes Corporate Park that offers catering for corporate events, weddings and functions. With years of expertise in weddings, they know exactly how to please the crowd.
- 𝗜𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘆 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗕𝘂𝗱𝗴𝗲𝘁 Weddings can be expensive – we know! So putting your best foot forward and identifying your budget will help you narrow down the right caterer. It can be your guide to selecting caterers that are within your price range.
If you’re on a budget, there are a lot of budget-friendly caterers in Sydney and Melbourne:
- Sydney Wedding Catering. An affordable caterer for your wedding reception! They will guide you in picking inexpensive options that are still worthy and tasteful!
- Nosh Catering. This Melbourne-based caterer is flexible and will be with you in personalising your menus. Known for their customisable packages, they’re also transparent in letting you know how much you’re going to spend, with no hidden costs.
- 𝗠𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗖𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗿𝘀. To achieve the wedding of your dreams, it’s best to meet with your prospective caterers and share your thoughts with them. While it’s good to be specific and know what you want, they may be able to share their insights and suggestions that you may not have thought of yet. They are the experts and they know weddings. Go in prepared with a list of questions, for example around dietary requirements and additional costs. Get a tasting and enjoy!
- 𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗺 𝗘𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆. Now that you’ve met your prospective caterers and singled out which one fits your wedding best, it’s time to book them as early as you can! There are caterers who are always fully booked and you don’t want to take that risk. Another extra tip, always double-check about the inclusions of your caterer’s package before you sign the contract.
Truly, it’s not easy to find the perfect wedding caterer in Australia. But once you find the right one, you’re one step closer to a memorable and stress-free wedding!
Wanna Skip The Hard Parts?
If you want to skip all the hard parts of planning your wedding, ANNA WANG is ready to take all your worries away. Being one of Australia’s best wedding event stylists and florists, the team from Anna Wang offers unique wedding planning services. With over fifteen years of experience in designing dream weddings, you’ll definitely get all the help you need. From wedding planners to event managers, stylists, and coordinators, Anna Wang is ready to plan your dream event from start to finish!
Excited to design your beautiful wedding with ANNA WANG? Book your consultation!